Interesting about Alzheimer

 


    Now lock down period for my place because of the COVID-19. So I got no chance to meet with my parents who stay with my younger sister where they stayed different part of my city. My dad is currently 80 years old, he can walk, he can talk and he can eat but he did not remembers some of the things which very close to him. He got lack of short time memories and even though he cannot recall his very old time memories. Some time he can't even know name of his wife, my mother. He remembered some of the time frame but some he did not. Some of the persons he remember and some he cannot call, even his close relative who is his brother and grand daughters. 

    Before lock down, I used to go his place, weekly when I reached there I asked him, "Did you finished your breakfast?" He said "No, now I am very hungry". Actually I saw him, he just come out from dinning table and just finished his breakfast. Some time he doesn't know the name of the curry and still want to take a meal. 

    One day, my mom called me, very urgent and come to my dad, he felt very tired. So I quickly went there, when I reached there I was surprised, he is sitting on the chair and watching Youtube. I asked him "How are you?", He said , "I am OK why?". Me and my mom got shock and I asked him, Just now you feel very tired and you want to go to clinic. He responded, did I feel and tell you like that? actually I did not tell you.

    Last five years back, he did medical consultation with psychiatrist, who is a medical doctor specialize with mental health, because of his alcohol addition. After that, this medical doctor said, he is starting the Alzheimer. At that time I did not notice about that Alzheimer disease, after day to day and I sase my dad change his condition, I got notice about that disease and want to find out how to solve that. I got a lot of questions came out of my minds, only my dad got this disease and which medical treatment can cure this. This is the beginning of my interesting and studying of the Alzheimer. 

P.S I will write the history of my dad in future. 


Credit to the photos from https://www.drugtargetreview.com/news/36028/ai-algorithm-alzheimers/ 

   

Comments